What if your company was found selling IT services that do not meet State and Federal standards?
by Charles Robbins
With over 40 years of Engineering leadership and design experience, I have moved through the Nuclear, Aviation, Education and Defense industry. Now, I am in the middle of the data security industry and I find that only a few of the companies operating in the space actually carry any credentials to do the work they are doing. No wonder there are so many security issues and breaches.
Among professionals, no one is closed mouth about the problem. I have discussed the use on non-compliant companies and personnel right with the End Customers, OEM Manufacturers and Service Companies providing the work. Oh yeah, they know they are in a tight spot and many do not know how to get out of this mess. In 2018 with GDPR and new government rules, non-compliant service companies are losing contracts right and left to compliant businesses. If your company has not lost your contracts, it is just a matter of time.
This episode reminds me of the decade when dirt floored machine shops were replaced by ISO 9001 manufacturing businesses because ‘No Go’ gauges left rejected parts on the dock and the old school non-complaint producers went away.
The new data security standards and procedures are not a secret and good Engineering practices require hard W-O-R-K.
For the End Customer, I have will tell them that hiring a non-compliant company does not make their company complaint.
Charles Robbins is Vice President of Technology, Research & Development and DPO of TechR2, LLC, and a professor and author. Creating new products that involve mechanical design, electrical circuitry, database management and custom software. Authored “Data Destruction on an IBM DS8000 Storage System” and the following World Class CAD publications:
- A Complete Introduction to Computer Aided Design (CAD) Fundamentals of 2D Drawing Textbook (2000-2002, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2012 Editions)
- Fundamentals of 3D Drawing Textbook (2000-2002, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2012 Editions)
- Visual AutoLISP Training Method
- Visual Basic Applications for AutoCAD
- Computer Aided Mechanical Design
- Applied Mechanical Physics using CAD
- HTML Basics
- 2D Drawing with progeCAD Smart
- 3D Drawing with progeCAD Professional
- Visual Basic
- Visual C#
- 100’s of lessons for computers and networks
- 100’s of lessons covering Microsoft Office
- 100’s of lessons exploring mathand more chapters and videos found on the worldclasscad.com website