Track Contain Destroy
Media retention made secure
Tear-A-Byte is a patented process.
Copyright ©2018 by TechR2. All Rights Reserved.
Data security is our #1 priority.
The current global data security threat level is high, in part due to these frightening statistics for internal mishandling and theft.
- Amount stolen annually from U.S. businesses by employees = $50B.
- 75% of employees have stolen at least once from their employer.
- 33% of all business bankruptcies are caused by employee theft.
(Source: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Easy Small Business HR, Institute for Corporate Productivity, Jack L. Hayes International, Inc. Research Date: Sept.7th, 2015)
The threat of a data security breach is real – and translates negatively to consumer confidence, your brand and your enterprise
- The potential cost of breaches for the healthcare industry could be as much as $5.6 billion annually.
- The healthcare industry accounted for 42% of major data breaches reported in 2014.
- Consumers tell us they will leave your company/brand.
- 12% of retail customers said they would stop shopping at the affected retailer.
- 79% of those who stay would never again use credit or debit cards to make purchases there.
- 50% said that if their personal information were compromised in a data breach, there is nothing a breached company could do to win back their confidence.
(Sources: experian.com 2015 Data Security Breach Forecast,“Fourth Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Security,” Ponemon Institute, March 2014, Identity Theft Resource Center)
However, consumers will re-gain your trust if you invest in an asset security solution.
- 22% of respondents said that as long as the retailer resolved the security issue that caused the breach, they would be comfortable returning there to shop.
- 33% said that if a company increased its cyber security spending, their confidence in the company would also improve.
- 45% said they continued to do business with the breached company because they felt it had resolved the data breach to their satisfaction.
(Source: 2015 Data Security Breach Forecast, “Fourth Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Security,” Ponemon Institute, March 2014)
How can we protect your enterprise?
With Tear-A-Byte®, our patented comprehensive track-contain-destroy process, we provide unmatched media / data / information security solutions including:
Secure onsite device containment
RFID IT Asset real-time tracking and inventory control
Fully automated audit trail via client portal
Certified degaussing to Department of Defense requirements
Data security, management and destruction with ISO 27001 compliance
Meets the NIST 800-88 Federal Guidelines for media sanitization
Features & Benefits
Tear-A-Byte® is TechR2’s comprehensive Track-Contain-Destroy patented process developed to fully protect its business partners from data breaches resulting from mismanaged loose data-bearing devices. It begins with the implementation of intricate RFID technologies, tagging each device for communication with TechR2’s proprietary software.
The Tear-A-Byte appliance receives and contains each tagged device. No device (or data contained on the device) can leave the enterprise facility without a real-time, immediate alert. TechR2’s engineers not only audit and fully assess any risk, but double verify the reconciliation process to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Once filled to capacity, TechR2 dispatches engineers to reconcile all of the devices with the data contained on each, then completely and irretrievably destroys them through the use of NSA certified degaussers.
Clients can then track, report and manage their processed device inventory via the TechR2 client-access web portal.
Secure Onsite destruction to NIST800-88 specifications using certified people, processes and technologies.
- Track data-bearing devices via RFID or unique barcode technology
- Securely contain all failed or decommissioned data-bearing devices within the Tear-A-Byte appliance
- Our certified and trained technicians will be dispatched onsite when a specified number of devices have been contained for data eradication
- Fully automated audit trail via client customized portal
- Data security, management and destruction with ISO 27001 compliance
- Certified degaussing approved by the National Security Agency
- Meets the Department of Defense requirements for purging classified information
- Meets the NIST 800-88 Federal Guidelines for media sanitization
- Certified audit trail provisions that include device registration and inventory
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, OHSAS 18001, HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, SOX, and GLBA compliant
- Ability to complement existing data loss prevention strategies
- For single or multiple locations across an enterprise
- Cost-effective, efficient, immediate and easy-to-implement
RFID IT asset tracking which features:
- Real-time daily tracking and inventory control
- Automated audit trail
- Up to 90% reduction in compliance costs
- Up to 60% reduction in operating costs
- Complete lifecycle management from installation to decommission
- Certified onsite destruction
The Tear-A-Byte® Datacenter appliance, along with our patented track-contain-destroy process securely contains all failed and decommissioned data-bearing devices onsite, integrates RFID IT Asset real-time tracking, inventory control, automated audit trail, meets NIST 800-88 guidelines & more.
Designed to fit permanently inside a designated and secure setting, the Tear-A-Byte® Enterprise provides the best security for controlling data bearing devices once removed from company laptops and desktops.
Our smallest unit, the Tear-A-Byte® Co-Lo is a 19-inch rack mount unit, designed for co-location datacenter sites.
Is your organization ready for the GDPR?
The Techr2 process and global ISO certifications fully comply with GDPR mandates, setting us far apart from anyone in the industry.
After four years of debate, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was ratified by the European Union during April 2016 and has now become law, although member states have a two year period to implement into national law. This means that companies will be expected to be fully compliant by May 25th 2018.
Individuals are increasingly data-savvy and;
- Understand how brands use their data for sales and marketing purposes
- Are aware of their rights with regard to their personal data
- Are concerned about the well-publicized threat of cyber data theft
Companies will be required to “implement appropriate technical and organizational measures” in relation to the nature, scope, context and purposes of their handling and processing of personal data.
In the event of a personal data breach, companies must notify the appropriate supervisory authority “without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it” if the breach is likely to “result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of individuals”.
Most organizations are concerned about the potential significant financial penalties the Regulation can bring, but some forward-thinking companies are also planning to be prepared now.
Call Now to Get Started Today
TechR2 will customize a program to meet the individual needs of your organization.
Contact us today to set up a meeting with a TechR2 specialist.
To contact a TechR2 Specialist call 614-322-2222
Or use the contact form provided.