This is a detailed comparison between TechR2® and other vendors who perform fully compliant media storage security and data / information eradication services. There are companies that provide segments of TechR2’s® services, but we are confident that no other company provides the comprehensive, A-to-Z, full compliance media security / data / information eradication solution that TechR2® provides. TechR2’s® patented method serves to address what is otherwise (we believe) a flawed process for media retention throughout our industry.
Consider the following points which we believe differentiate and set TechR2® far apart from any other vendor in the industry:
- TechR2® is the only company in the industry that has been awarded a patent (U.S. Patent 9,430,654) for its comprehensive Track-Contain-Destroy process. TechR2’s® patent recognizes the unique process that TechR2® has developed to fully protect its business partners from data breaches that might otherwise result from mismanaged loose data-bearing devices.
TechR2’s® information security patented process is unmatched in the industry and, more specifically:
- TechR2’s® process implements an intricate RFID system that tags each device and communicates with TechR2’s® proprietary software to track every move of said devices via TechR2’s® client-accessible web portal. No device (or data contained on the device) is permitted to leave the facility without real time, immediate alert.
- TechR2® representatives train and certify company managers, technicians and quality control personnel to ensure compliance with the TechR2® solution.
- A TechR2® Appliance holds the devices and, once filled to capacity, two (2) TechR2® highly trained technicians are dispatched to reconcile the block of devices with the data contained within each. TechR2® employs a two (2) technician (sanitizer and verifier) method that fully complies with NIST 800-88 r1 mandates – mandates that we find most other vendors in our industry commonly ignore.
- Once scanned, audited and reconciled (to ensure nothing falls through the cracks), the data is completely and irretrievably eradicated utilizing NSA certified degaussers – on site within the 4 walls of the facility. Again, the data never leaves the control of the organization which is also a NIST 800-88 r1 requirement. If a loose data bearing device leaves our client’s facility, TechR2® technology triggers a notification requiring immediate risk assessment.
- Then, and only then, are the resulting “technology corpses” removed from the client’s facility and responsibly disposed of in a manner consistent with all EPA standards, and in accordance with TechR2’s® Zero Landfill Policy.
- TechR2® then issues an Audit Report and a Certificate of Destruction which, again, meets all NIST 800-88 r1.
- As stated – TechR2® had developed and fully utilizes proprietary asset management software through which clients have unlimited access. Among other things, customers have access to:
- Customer reports – including device tracking along with audit and reconciliation reports
- Green reports – the client’s carbon footprint report
- Certificates of Destruction – to confirm compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards
- TechR2® has earned and maintained multiple rigorous ISO and other industry certifications. In fact, TechR2® may be the only vendor in the industry that matches IBM ISO certifications in this regard. The following certifications help to define TechR2’s® superior standing as compared to other vendors in the industry:
- ISO27001 Certification – Information Security Management System (Global)
- ISO14001 Certification – Environmental Management System (Global)
- ISO9001 Certification – Quality Management System (Global)
- OHSAS18001 Certification – Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series
- WBE and WOSB (woman owned business certifications)
- MBE (minority owned business certification – pending)
- TechR2’s® patented process is fully compliant with local, state, federal and international regulations – including HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, SOX, GLBA, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Handbook, et al. – and exceeds industry standards and best practices. TechR2’s® process also meets NSA/CSS data sanitation guidelines and far exceeds NIST and NAID guidelines. Many other vendors tout that they are NAID AAA certified – but in our opinion such certification does not on its own evidence compliance with NIST 800-88 guidelines, or the myriad of other applicable regulations. TechR2® covers them all.
- TechR2® is well-versed and has full wipe capability with regard to IBM storage servers, such as XIV, DS8000 series, DS6800 and TS7700.
- TechR2’s® process includes secure transport abilities.
- TechR2® provides services locally, nationally and internationally – and is well-versed with business partnerships.
- As you know – the General Data Protection Regulation is looming. TechR2® is well aware of GDPR, we understand GDPR and we are on top of it. Our process and global ISO certifications fully comply with the mandates of GDPR and set TechR2® far apart from anyone in the industry in this regard.
- TechR2® guarantees its services and adequately insures against any breach of data while under TechR2’s® control. To date, TechR2® has never allowed a breach of data under TechR2’s® control.
Nobody in our industry provides the comprehensive, fully compliant, complete A-to-Z solution that TechR2® offers – nor can they
In sum – here is a “Top 10” of what sets TechR2® apart from anyone else in the industry:
- Patented process – the only of its kind in the industry
- RFID tagging combined with proprietary software – we are not aware of any better
- A training program that ensures business partner personnel adhere to strict protocol – you would be hard-pressed to find a vendor that takes such time and interest in its business partner.
- On-site data eradication (on-site is a key component) – as opposed to shredding in the parking lot or “securely” shipping devices and their data – not only do we not believe devices and their data can be fully securely shipped – be we believe that once the data leaves the 4-walls of an organization’s facility – all control is lost and there is no way to affirmatively and unequivocally attest that there has not been a breach
- Secure and environmentally sound transport of device corpses after data cleansing – Zero Landfill Policy
- ISO and Industry certifications – we have not seen any other vendor that has earned the certifications that TechR2® has earned and maintains
- Such certifications are national and global – TechR2® can step up globally without concern of overseas business partners – not many vendors, if any, can say the same
- TechR2® is privately owned, woman owned, and minority owner
- TechR2® is experienced with dealing with IBM manufactured devices
- TechR2® is prepared for full compliance with GDPR